Planning to buy coffee maker with grinder? You came to the right place as this post will tell you what you need to know about it.
Coffee makers are used to make cups of delicious coffee with less hassle. The models that most people want are those that are multipurpose, aesthetically pleasing, user-friendly, easy to clean, and best of all, provides optimum performance.
Fundamentally, a coffee maker with grinder gives us the efficiency as it provides just one machine for both our grinding and brewing needs. One machine for two things means that we need less counter space and storage area. In addition to that, the brewing process is made more rapidly hence, making the coffee making more enjoyable and easier for us coffee lovers.
Coffee Maker with Grinder: Grinder Types
What do you know about your grinder? There are basically two types. One is the blade and the other the burr.
From its name, we can say that blade grinders make use of blade that looks roughly like a propeller. The blade cut the beans with its spinning motion. While it is true that blade grinders are much more pocket-friendly, they tend to be loud when grinding. The result is also less defined compared to that of the burr grinders’ outcome.
Burr grinders operate by squashing the beans with a grinder wheel. There are basically two types of burr grinders – the wheel burr and the conical burr. The former uses, well, flat grinder wheels while the latter makes use of grinder wheels shaped likes cones.
Of the two, the wheel burr is just within your means. However, more people prefer the conical burr as they produce less mess and sound.
In a nutshell, people are leaning towards the burr grinders for their precision and efficiency. For this, they are considered as the superior grinder. The only drawback is that they are pricier.
Tips To Make the Best Coffee
Even if you have the best coffee maker with grinder or the cheapest coffee machine there is, you will not be able to make a great tasting cup of coffee if you don’t properly store your coffee. Here are five important things that you need to take note of:
- Coffee loses its flavor because of exposure to light, air, extreme temperature, and moisture.
- Do not store your coffee in a bright or sunny area most especially if you use a glass jar. Stock your coffee where it is dark. Also avoid direct heat and sunlight exposure.
- Make sure that you store your coffee in an airtight or sealed vessel. You can choose from stainless steel, ceramic, or glass containers. These are your best bet to keep your coffee from being exposed to moisture and air.
- Do not freeze or keep your coffee in the fridge. Remember that extreme temperatures can spoil the flavor of the coffee.
- The bean form is better compared to already ground beans so make sure that you buy coffee beans. Do not ground them unless you are about to brew your coffee. This is so that much of the flavor is maintained.
Now, do you know how to make the best cup of hot Joe using your coffee maker with grinder?